About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back on-line!!!


Well, our computer troubles took a little longer to work out than I had thought, but we are back in blogging business now! I will just recap our very busy March for you:

We started out the month with a visit from my bestie, Christy and her beautiful family! Hannah, their oldest daughter was bound and determined to come to the mountain and see snow...and it just so happened that they picked the perfect week. The night they arrived we got about 5 inches of snow. Of course, I didn't get many pics that day because my camera battery died:



While the McFarlands were here we took a visit to Washington, D.C.. We had a wonderful day and saw some amazing sites---and I had a new camera battery! I know this sounds crazy, but little 3 year-old Cheyenne knows exactly who Barack Obama is when he come on TV and can pronounce his name perfectly( guess that comes from living in a house where Fox News is always on). She was so excited to see where he lived but when we told her it was in the White House she got very disappointed---she wanted to see the "Pink House"! :) Here are the pics:


Cheyenne riding the metro
into the city.




My new fav pic of Cheyenne. Taken on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.



Also in March we had a church snow tubing trip at Wintergreen. Here are some pics of the kids playing in the kiddy area while the "big kids" did some tubing:






As for the baby, no new pics yet... we have our next ultrasound scheduled for the 9th of April. If the baby cooperates we will also find out the gender on that day. My belly is starting to poke out and I have felt a few flutters of movement. Here is an update on the development:

Baby measures 5 to 5.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 5.25 ounces. The rapid growth spurt is tapering off, but reflexes are kicking in. He can yawn, stretch and make facial expressions, even frown. Taste buds are beginning to develop and he can now distinguish sweet from bitter. The baby can suck and swallow, and he may even get the hiccups. The eyes have become sensitive to light, so if a bright light is shined on your belly, baby will probably turn away.

Stay tuned for more post this coming week---we have some exciting things planned. My mom and brothers will be up for a visit next week, we are throwing my in-laws a 25th wedding anniversary party and we have some fun Easter festivities planned.

I am so glad to be back to blogging!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay needless to say.... I have no life and it makes my day to read about yours.... does not make me a weirdo? Oh well!! : )

    Glad you see your back!!

    Love,
    Cousin Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Baby Girl! Glad to see you back to Bloggin' too : ) Looking forward to seeing you in 2 Days!!!

    I love you,
    Mom : )

    ReplyDelete