About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Crafty Queen!

So for all of you who gawk over my cakes and pictures and try to tell me how creative and crafty I am...this post might explain a lot :)

I have always been told how much I looked like my mom. And as I got older I see how similar our personalities are also. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that craftiness and a love of gifts handmade and heartfelt would be part of the package. We also share a STRONG love for our children and the following picture are a tribute to that love...a love that kept this woman going on this quilt.

This quilt was started over 26 years ago when my mom was pregnant with me. Let me just say the procrastination is a another trait I inherited from my mother, but when you read the tag she put on the back she has a pretty good excuse though. Over all the times she worked on it in those 26 years it never seemed complete. She says it always looked like it needed some color. She finally was struck with an idea to give the quilt some life...literally. At Christmas she presented me with the quilt and her plan. She had already placed about 15 pictures on the quilt and over the last three months her and I picked out more picture and attached them to the quilt. It is called a memory quilt for the memories that the picture on it contain...but let me just say iorning these bad boys on here created quite a few memories in itself! 


 The quilt containes something special from both of our moms.
 This doily was crocheted by Bryan's mom.

 The quilt has pictures from our "dating years"(this was taken on our first date)...
 ...pictures from our wedding...
 ...pictures of our first baby...
 ...and of course pictures of our 2nd baby...
...and all of the great moments we have shared together thus far!

Thank you mom for this incredible gift! I am looking forward to making one with you in about 20 years to give to Cheyenne...maybe we should get started now!

No comments:

Post a Comment