About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Un-Tangle me, please!

So since my last post I have... Made my fist wedding cake, shot pictures for said wedding, taken a trip to Florida (during which our car broke down), planned and directed our church fall festival and with some help from mom...finally finished the Rapunzel dress!

So here is the fruit of my baking labor. I can't lie...I am really proud of this cake. And I must say it was one of the least stressful cakes I have made. No cake-crisis.

Okay and let me take a moment to defend myself here: I went against all that is in my procrastinating self and started this Rapunzel dress at the beginning of September, but time has a way of creeping up on me and next thing I know I am still sewing trim on this thing the night before our fall festival. I do have to send out a big thank you to my lovely mother who took a few days to work on the dress while we were delayed in Florida with a broken down car.

But in the end I must say that my mom was right it was all worth that happy face :)


 In the midst of all the fabric flying around the kitchen (aka: the sewing room) I remembered that I had a another child that needed a costume. No I am just kidding, I was planning on dressing Ryker like the hero Flynn Ryder from the Tangled movie, but I decided that my sleep (and sanity) was more important than coordinating outfits. Ryker received this super hero get-up for his birthday.




1 comment: