About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Friday, September 16, 2011

Wait.

Wait (intransitive verb): to remain stationary in readiness or expectation; to look forward expectantly.

I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1




So I have plenty of blog catching up to do...I have pics that I still have not posted from the Vaughns Va trip from the middle of August. However, this is not that catch up post. I have a revelation to share. It might sound elementary to you, it does to me now that I "get it". But this blog serves several purposes and one is to act as a journal to me. This would be a journal post. One that I thought blog viewers might want to read also.

Several times through conversation I hear of how people struggle with trust and patience. I am no different. These two actions can be the thief of joy in most Christian's lives. Here lately my trust and patience have been tried. Not that anything "major" has happened, but have you ever heard the saying the devil is in the details? It has been ever so true in my life the past week. It's the slightest trivial thing that takes me to my breaking point.

Anyway, as I today am faced with a more "major" need for God and His blessings I find it easier to cling to Him and His Word. Why is it that I make Him have to bring me to the lowest of lows to so that I can see the action that needs to be taken when I am out of the valley?

I think other than John 3:16 one of the most famously quoted verses would be Phil 4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. But back it up for a minute...what was Paul talking about? Was he saying that the Lord would strengthen me to do what ever I wanted to do? whatever I thought was the "right" move? Phil 4:11-12 says: Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased (lowered in rank), and I know how to abound (fully supplied) : every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Today I am giving God His due as I should everyday. He is Lord. He is the author and the finisher (Heb 12:2) and I know He has me and my family in the palm of His all knowing hand. He gives me the strength to serve Him (not myself or my wants) in any circumstance. If I can really wrap my mind around the fact that He is in control of everything (Matt 6:25-34) and I can do nothing to better myself but to cling to Jesus it makes trust and patience seem like a piece of cake. But as anything, practice makes perfect. We find it easiest to "Wait on the Lord" when we are faced with a trial that is obviously bigger than we are, but real faith should be applied to all areas of our life. Want to do something about the problems you face...PRAY.

So this is where I "wait"...in prayer, ready to see the Lord work in all His wonder and glory.



3 comments:

  1. We must be having a similar week, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having a year like this. I forget to "let go and let God" and even though I KNOW what I need to do I... just can't. Thanks for reminding me how to solve things and for reminding me that we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that spoke to me right where I'm at. I'm deffinately in a season of waiting, and trusting. So thank you for being open enough to share.
    I write a blog in which I try to allow Christ to use me to encourage and build up other Christians, maybe you will like it?
    Its Latte and Energy Drinks :)

    ReplyDelete