About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baby Update:

Baby and mommy are doing great...and definitely growing!!! I will be 13 weeks tomorrow. We had a check-up with the doctor today. Everything seems well and we all --Cheyenne, Bryan and myself--got to hear the heart "BEEP" (as Cheyenne calls it)! It was so precious to hear our second miracle in the womb and to watch the face of our first miracle light up with a big smile when she heard the baby's heart beat. I can only imagine the moment they first meet face to face.

The baby's heart rate was between 155 and 160...and for those of you playing the gender guessing game...according to old wives tales a heart rate over 140 predicts that the baby is a girl ( ...or as my mom pointed out it may just be a high-strung boy like my brother Tyler! I love you, Tyler!!).

Here is a little update on our baby's development these week:

Your fully formed fetus, measures 2.6 to 3.1 inches from crown to rump and weighs between half an ounce and seven-tenths of an ounce -- about the size of a peach. The head is still disproportionately bigger than the body, but the rest of the body is starting to catch up. In fact, your baby is growing rapidly these days. The face is starting to look more human, with eyes moving closer together. Toes and fingers are clearly separate, and ankles and wrists have formed. External genitalia are becoming visible. Intestines are shifting into their proper place, too.

3 comments:

  1. That is such good news! I've been waiting for an update. Wish you could have gotten Cheyenne's picture when she heard the beep. I can just see her now.

    Love to all,
    Granny Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Baby Girl,

    So sorry I have been 'slackin' instead of 'stalkin' your blog lately. If we ever get all of these steer letters out before the Fair, it will be a miracle!

    So glad your appointment went well today, it is so wonderful that Cheyenne got to hear the heart beep too : ) I remember how excited you were to attend child birth classes with us when we were expecting Trey. Cheyenne is going to be a great Big Sister!

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Cheyenne got to hear the heart beat! Ellie was excited too and has told everyone about it! It is such an amazing miracle! Glad you guys are doing well and you are feeling good! I'm enjoying sharing this time with you- even if it's over the phone!

    ReplyDelete