About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Say cheese :)


Well I guess I have left my blog viewers in suspense long enough...

And to answer a few peoples questions, NO I am NOT pregnant...but I do have a new baby-a Nikon D3000! Yes, that's right---a camera. But not just any camera, the one that will help me reach a dream I have had for a very long time. In June I plan on launching my own photography business---True Light Photography! You may be wondering about the name---let me explain. Even though Christina Volpe Photography has a nice ring to it, I do not want to be the center of this new business. The Lord has brought me this far in achieving my dream and I don't want to lose focus now. I don't have that much confidence in my own talent but I know that with Christ I can do all things (Phil 4:13). I pray that His hands will be in every aspect of this new business and that True Light will just be one more outlet for me to share the love of Jesus. So, when you are dedicating a business to the work of the Lord what better place to look for a name than in the Bible. During a Bible study a few years ago the Lord showed me this name through several scriptures, but by far my favorite one is 1 John 2:8: "...because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.".


Thank you to everyone that has been such an encouragement to me during this new endeavor. And a special thank you to two great photographers, Jennifer Adams and Anna Weaver, who have been a great help to this little amateur:)


I am working on a new blog for True Light. I know, right? Just what I need--another blog to spend my already stretched time on. I am actually in the middle of working on becoming a better manager of my time, which means I have to learn to let go of those horrible procrastination tendencies that I inherited from my mom:) The new blog is not ready for viewing yet, but I will let you know when it is.


Please keep TL and myself in your prayers...oh, and don't forget to contact me when you are ready for a portrait session:)


2 comments:

  1. Can you schedule us for July? We need some family portraits. And they better be good, seeing that we are driving all that way just to get our pictures done!!! I'm so proud for you, and I know God will bless you and your business. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SB--
    Sorry, I am off that week. I have friends coming into town from Fla and I am not working while they are here!!! LOL! Just kidding! Of course I will!

    ReplyDelete