About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thank you!

You all have been so great to me. Praying for us, encouraging us and loving us. Each one of you are truly a God send and I love you very much!

When I woke up this morning Bryan had left the house for a short while to run down to the church. I headed to the computer as I usually do in the mornings, to check my e-mails. Sitting on my keyboard was a devotional that Bryan had left for me (...have I told you all lately how much I love my husband). I want to share with you this devotional.

Way to a Stronger Heart

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14

When we accept God's gift of salvation, He gives us new hearts. There are many times along our walks with the Lord Jesus when we need additional heart surgery. We need soft hearts to replace our indifference or warm hearts to take away the coldness we feel. We need God's tender touch to heal our broken hearts. And, sometimes, we need a little nourishment for our tired, discouraged hearts.

Before and after surgery, people experience a vulnerable state for what seems an eternity. They have no control over the hospital's timetable. They're in a weakened state that makes them thankful for whatever the doctor can do to help. So they follow the doctor's direction, rest and wait to be released.

Likewise, that's how it is when we are waiting on the Great Physician to encourage and strengthen our hearts. We are sick at heart and should turn everything over to Him. We should thank Him for what He is doing.

When you become discouraged keep hoping, praying, and doing God's will. It will be only a matter of time until He strengthens you heart.

Father, I am weak but you are strong. My hope is in you.

3 comments:

  1. You do indeed have a great husband, you are blessed. I have always been told that when God places these "burdens" on us it is because we can handle it and another women may not be as strong. Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the perfect devotional for this time and how sweet of Bryan to leave it for you! Hope you guys are having a good day.

    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on to Jesus
    Cling to His love
    Rest deep in His mercy
    Whenever things get rough
    Don't lose sight of His goodness
    And don't ever doubt this truth
    That when you hold on to Jesus
    He's holding on to you.

    ReplyDelete