About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Your prayers are needed...

I am sure that you all were anxious to hear about how our first OB appt went on Wednesday. I was anxious to get home and post a blog showing all of you the ultrasound picture, but things did not go quite as we had planned. During our ultrasound there was no baby in sight, only a small empty sack. From this ultrasound we are looking at two possible scenarios...one being that we are much earlier in our pregnancy than what was first calculated, or that we conceived but a baby never started to develop. The Dr instructed me to have my blood drawn that day to test my hormone levels and then again on Friday. Tracking the two different days would indicate whether my hormone levels were increasing as they should or decreasing, indicating that there was a problem. I received a call this afternoon from our Dr just to let us know that my hormone levels were at 4,000 on Wednesday. This is a hard indication without the following blood test to compare with. All that it really tell us is that if the hormone are increasing based on tomorrow's blood work, and increasing at a rapid rate (about double), we are looking at a healthy 4-5 week embryo-not 8 weeks like we were expecting. If the hormones are going down than we are looking at a pregnancy that really never was. After conception my body started producing the hormones to give me a positive pregnancy test, but due to deficient chromosomes the embryo never formed. This would be very disappointing news, but we stand strong on the faith that God is in control and knows what is best for us and this baby. We love Him and trust Him. Please be in prayer for us. I am not sure when we will receive the results from tomorrow's blood work, but I will post a blog when we hear something. Thank you all who have all ready been a great support to me and for all of you who are praying for us. We are so blessed for the great family and friends we have. We love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Baby Girl! Just want you to know that I'm praying for you and thinking of you today. As you well know, I'm not very good at "waiting" and I'm so proud of you and Bryan for your patience, trust, and faith in God for his will in your pregnancy. I love you all very much, talk with you soon!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your faith and trust in the Lord! I'm sure the Heavens are flooding in prayers for you guys! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so true about God not giving us more then we can bear. I will add you to my prayers and I will check back and hope for some great news.

    ReplyDelete