About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easy Turkey Stromboli

My friend Ashley often includes recipes on her blog and I think I may start doing the same. So here's the first of many I hope...


I found this recipe in Parents magazine and it looked pretty easy and tasty so we decided to try it. It has become one of my favorites! The following is the recipe from the magazine. Tonight when I made it (and took this pic) I decided to add in a little red and green bell pepper. You could add in some of your favorite pizza toppings too, like onion, mushrooms, olives, etc.




1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained

1 pkg (11 oz.) refrigerated thin crust pizza crust

1 cup pasta sauce, divided (save half for dipping)

2 tsp low fat milk

1/2 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend

2 tsp grated Parmesan

1 lb. turkey-breast tenderloins, cut into strips

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Boil a cup of water on medium in a large skillet; add turkey and return to boiling. Cover; simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then chop.

Unroll crust into a 14"x12" rectangle on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or just grease your pan). Spoon 1/2c. of the sauce down the center, lengthwise, leaving 3" on either side. Layer spinach, turkey, and cheese over sauce. *Cut 12 strips on both sides of crust. Fold strips over filling, so they overlap. (I don't do this step. It takes too long for me. Instead I just fold each side to the middle and pinch them together. Then I use a sharp knife to cut about four or five slits horizontally on the top of the dough. Try it the other way if you want too...but this is the easier way)

Brush with milk and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 12 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.


For those of you who may be interested, if made to their specifications, the Nutrition Info is as follows:

Per serving (makes 6 servings):
305 calories; 27g protein; 8g fat; (3g sat. fat); 31 carb; 2g fiber; 157mg calcium; 3mg iron; 553mg sodium.

ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks and sounds wonderful, I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks for posting this : )

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok sounds great...and can I just say that your picture reminds me SOOO much of The Pioneer Woman's blog where she has a big generous slice of whatever she's cooked up photographed, haha. Looks yumm-o always looking for some new food to cook.

    ReplyDelete