About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Friday, April 1, 2011

This old house...

Please do not take this post the wrong way...I love the house the Lord has blessed us with. It is very "homey" and many of our best memories have been made here...making it OUR home! However this HGTV addict has a long list of projects to spruce up our humble abode. #1 on the list...the paneling!!! It is my least favorite thing about our house. And since this was a "design on a dime" project (as most...well ALL...of my projects are..) removing the paneling was not an option. So once again, my good old friend paint came to the rescue! I LOVE PAINT!

Here is our dining area before...

and after...
 The kitchen before...
and after...
 The hallway before...                                                     and after...

  It is crazy how far a little paint will go. It really brightened things up in these rooms.


 The following pictures are of Cheyenne's bathroom. This was kind of a last minute idea while we were already neck deep in painting so I did not get any before pictures. And let me say that this pink is not the color that I thought it was. It is a little bright but that is right up Cheyenne's ally. She is away at her G'ma Lori's so she has not seen it yet. I know she will love it though:)

   Talk about design on a dime...these room makeovers only cost Bryan and I less than $17.00!! We used some extra paint that we had from other rooms and projects. We kept the existing decor and our only purchase was new cabinet handles. However, Bryan did say he was going to call the satellite company and have HGTV channel removed :)





2 comments:

  1. Your new paint job makes a world a difference. Everything looks so fresh and bright. I love Shiney's beaded curtain hung above her mirror. You are just too smart. Keep on watching HGTV. It's one of my favorites too, especially Design on a Dime for frugal ideas. You & Bryan should be proud of yourselves for the improvements you've made. It truly is Design on a Dime. Love Granny Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Granny Williams, all of your painting looks wonderful! You guys did a great job, and it really made your kitchen and hall way so much brighter! Speaking of "bright", I LOVE Cheyenne's bathroom! I think it's stinkin' adorable and love the fact that you used your beaded curtain around the mirror! While you guys were slaving away, Cheyenne and I were having fun stamping, lol!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete