About Me

My photo
Woman of many names... Wife, mother, daughter, friend, sister, ect. But the title most treasured... Child of God. Isa. 9:6

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The "no slumber" slumber party!

There is a lovely young lady at our church that has grown so close to my heart. Her name is Catlynn. She is a fourteen year old girl who is confined to a wheel chair due to an accident that happened early in her life. Though she may have physical restrictions---not much holds her down. Cartlynn is full of life and loves the Lord with a passion that has always amazed me! When I tell her no one loves her more than I do she responds "Yes there is, Jesus loves me the most!". I am telling you about this wonderful girl, to explain how this "no slumber" slumber party got started. Catlynn and I were talking one day about how late she could stay up (usually until 1am). I made the comment that she would be great at a sleep-over---her face lit up and I knew that we had to throw one. After we set the date that was all Catlynn talk about for the two weeks prior to the party. We decided to have it at the church and invite all of our young girls. This would be the first time that Catlynn had ever stayed the night away from home and not been in the hospital. The party was a huge success and much to my surprise I managed to stay up all night. A few times while watching a movie I would start to drift off and Catlynn would look over and say "Christina, are you still awake?", and I would perk back up.


We had a total of 21 girls show up and I had 6 wonderful adult ladies to help me pull off this awesome night. Everyone had a great time, but none had as much fun as Catlynn. She asked me last night if we could have another slumber party in three weeks. I told her that I needed a little more than three weeks to recuperate from all of the fun we had this time, and she said "How about three and a half weeks then?" LOL! Catlynn and her family are committed members of our church. There for every service---and usually one of the first ones there and the last ones to leave. She said she would move into the church if we would let her. What a testimony that should be to us-I pray that we would all have that excitement about being at church.


Here are a few pics from this great night:

Grouped up for a Bible study


The very messy ice cream sundae game. The two teams must build a sundae while laying on the floor head to head on their foreheads!


Beading table making beautiful bracelets and necklaces.


Hair and make-up table. Of course you know this is where you would find Cheyenne!

LIPSTICK! That is my girl!


Catlynn and I. Isn't she beautiful? She has an awesome make-up artist and hair stylist--ME!

A pillow fight---and Cheyenne is right in the middle of it!

Bryan's little sis Brooke and Cheyenne. Cheyenne fell asleep at about 12am!

The girls were teaching us some of the motions to their Vacation Bible School songs.

Cheyenne enjoying the party!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! You updated pictures from the "no slumber" party! You had a lot of girls and thank goodness for all of those ladies to help too! Apparently the make-overs were a big hit....love Cheyenne's lipstick! Looks like everyone had a great time, especially Catlynn, she's an inspiration to all of us!
    I love you and miss you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christina,

    I love all the photos and videos on your blog. Thank you for keeping us all updated. Looks like the "no slumber" slumber part was a big hit. I'm so glad Catlynn had such a good time. I'm happy to see Cheyenne in the middle of it all.
    Love to all,
    Granny Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure that I don't have to tell you this, but you are truely blessed. You have always been one of the sweetest kindest people that I have ever met, and it's great to see that you get to share that gift with so many other people (it really is a gift). Keep up the great work.

    <3, your cousin Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. God knew what he was doing when he sent you guys to VA- even though we miss you! What an incredible experience! Catlynn clearly has an amazing heart and is full of faith! I'm so glad you guys answered the call to be there- if we could all be so lucky to have Catlynn's in our lives! I love Cheyenne's makeup- that is awesome. Ellie really misses Cheyenne, we watch your videos multiples times a day....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina - what an inspiration you are. You are truly blessed in so many ways and loved by us more than you know. Keep posting.

    Love and kisses to all.
    Auntie Arvilla

    ReplyDelete